Living in Montréal

Language Courses (Cours de langues)

Persons wishing to register in a language course (French, English or other) do not have to request a certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ) or a Study Permit, if the total duration of the course is less than 6 months.

If you intend to take language courses during two academic sessions, then you must apply for a CAQ and a Study Permit, even if the duration of each of the sessions is less than 6 months.

All foreign students must subscribe to a health insurance plan offered by the Université de Montréal. No other health insurance policy will be accepted. The health insurance fee is subject to change.

Please note that unlike other programs, you must pay the tuition fees at the time you register for your courses.

For further information on language courses, please visit the Web site of the Cours de langues of the Faculté de l'éducation permanente.


Study in Montréal